GST Social Responsibility
GST is committed to be a socially responsible corporate citizen, one whose actions and practices are good for our community, environment, clients, and business.
Our corporate responsibility objectives include:
- The Community: be a positive influence in the communities in which we work and live.
- The Environment: work with our suppliers and vendors to minimize GST’s impact on the environment.
- The Workplace: promoting healthy living and a respectful and safe workplace
GST strives to achieve its objective through:
- Minimizing GST’s carbon footprint and impact on the environment
- Working with vendors and partners to develop innovative and cost efficient green technology
- Promoting the usage and adoption of green technology with our customers
- Supporting the sustainability efforts of our distributors, suppliers, and manufacturers
- Implementing and adhering to strict environmental rules and accountability in our workplace
EPEAT is a system that helps purchasers evaluate, compare and select electronic products based on their environmental attributes. The system currently covers desktop and laptop computers, thin clients, workstations and computer monitors.
Desktops, laptops and monitors that meet 23 required environmental performance criteria may be registered in EPEAT by their manufacturers in 40 countries worldwide. Registered products are rated Gold, Silver or Bronze depending on the percentage of 28 optional criteria they meet above the baseline criteria. EPEAT operates an ongoing verification program to assure the credibility of the registry.
GST is in the process of becoming a EPEAT Reseller Partner.
Beyond compliance, GST is focused on maximizing the sustainability of our client’s assets. This means extending the life of an asset as long as possible, either through asset reuse or through complete commodities recycling – returning to manufacturing feedstock. No e-waste processed by GST will ever go to a landfill. Our detailed sustainability reporting helps our clients exceed internal sustainability goals and compliance audit requirements.
Our Sustainability Management set of services include:
- Charitable Donation
Often times, our clients are surprised to learn that environmental sustainability and financial sustainability are not mutually exclusive. There are a number of IT solutions available that deliver significant savings through a combination of energy conservation, improved workflow, and hardware improvement.
- Reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions.
- Lowering data center energy costs significantly by improving utilization of existing systems and ensuring that data is not duplicated.
- Managing energy efficiency and your environmental footprint.
- Extending energy savings to endpoints while improving workforce productivity.
- Improving business practices to positively impact the environment.
- Teleconferencing enable collaboration and limit the need for costly travel expenses.
Let GST estimate your company’s carbon footprint and see the savings you can achieve through our innovative and advanced solutions.